Designing the future for global cities and lifestyles
Innovative City Forum (ICF) is an international conference that originally sprang from the desire to explore the future of cities and lifestyles through discussions based around a fundamental question: “What will our lives be like 20 years from now?” ICF has had the honor of hosting many distinguished speakers from around the world, from researchers and businesspeople at the forefront of technological and urban development to designers, artists, and other creative leaders, who have fueled our discussions with their ideas and visions for the future and the possibilities it offers. First held in 2013, the 10th anniversary of the opening of the Roppongi Hills development in Tokyo, ICF has since been held every autumn. The 2020 edition of ICF will be the 8th in the conference’s history.
The Pandemic and Innovative Cities
The COVID-19 pandemic has clearly brought about rapid and wide-ranging change around the world, substantially affecting the ways in which people will live for the foreseeable future, but what exactly has and has not changed, and what influence will those changes have on the post-COVID world?
Set to take place as the COVID-19 situation remains atop the global agenda, this year’s edition of ICF will explore the pressing issues of urban governance and lifestyles, including how they will and will not change, and what must and must not be transformed in the post-COVID era. These discussions will be informed by a wide range of perspectives, from the urban, to the social, to the cultural and artistic.
2020/11/16 (Mon.)–11/27 (Fri.)•Breakout Sessions & Follow-up Sessions: 11/16 (Mon.)–11/26 (Thu.)
•Plenary & Closing Session: 11/27 (Fri.)
Online (Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation will be provided.)
Mori Art Museum / Institute for Urban Strategies - The Mori Memorial Foundation / Academyhills
The Japan Foundation / Loftwork Inc.
ICF2020 Free Viewing Ticket: Free
- •This ticket allows you to view the entire ICF program from November 16th to the 27th (9 Breakout Sessions, 3 Plenary Sessions, and the Closing Session).
- •A link the view the available sessions will be displayed on your My Tickets page on EventRegist. Please follow these links to watch.
- •If you wish to take part in the Follow-up Session for a Breakout Session (tickets are limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis), please purchase a ticket for your desired Breakout Session (details below).
Follow-up Session Ticket: ¥1,100 (including tax) / 20 tickets available for each session
- •Held after each Breakout Session, Follow-up Sessions will allow a limited number of attendees to participate in question-and-answer sessions and exchange ideas with speakers. All participants will be visible on-screen.
- •A Follow-Up Session Ticket allows you to participate in the Follow-up Session for the Breakout Session of your choosing.
- •When you request a Follow-up Session space, you will automatically receive an ICF 2020 Free Viewing Ticket (free of charge), as described above.
- •The viewing links for the Breakout Sessions and the link to participate in your chosen Follow-up Session (Zoom Meeting) will be displayed on your My Tickets page on EventRegist. Please join by using the Join link (Zoom Meeting) for the Follow-up Session after the Breakout Session has concluded.
*About Follow-Up Sessions
- •Follow-up sessions are interactive sessions for exchanging ideas and are limited to 20 participants. Please ensure that your device’s camera is turned on before joining.
- •Spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. After the limit has been reached, requests for spaces will no longer be accepted.
- •Please download the Zoom app ahead of time. Simultaneous interpretation will be available only to those using the app.
To download the app, please visit this website:zoom.us/test
- •An EventRegist account (free to create) is necessary in order to purchase a ticket.
- •If you have a promotional code, please apply it by entering the code and clicking the Apply button.
- •The same user may not purchase more than one of the same tickets.
please click here
Payment Methods and Receipts
- •The accepted payment methods are credit card and PayPal.
- •Cancellations and refunds shall not be granted to users who have already ordered a ticket.
- •If you wish to be issued a receipt, after placing your order, please click the Show Receipt Data button on your My Tickets page on EventRegist. Your receipt will be displayed.